Pages

Saturday 24 April 2010

Washington Apple Hot Rods

Hi!

Every month the Art With Heart team have a scrapbooking challenge (among others!). I'd recently been on a family holiday and was keen to scrap some of the pictures, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

Every Easter my home town hosts a Hot Rod Rally. It's been going on as long as I can remember. I used to love checking out the cars at the Show 'n' Shine, and then that night the main street would be closed off so the cars could lap the street, giving lucky people a ride int he cars. I was happy to find that it was all still the same after all these years. I can't remember last time I went!

So, here's the sketch:



I had lots of photos I wanted to include in the layout, so I ended up printing them at half size and trimming them to fit. That way I got 4 photos in instead of the 2 in the sketch. Here's the finished layout:



And here's a close up of the car I made:



I was hoping to achieve the look of one of those ginormous old cars - you know, the ones they sing about in 'Love Shack' that are as big as a whale.

DSP/Card Stock: Washington Apple DSP, Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaller
Other: Riding Hood Red 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, 3/4" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Photo Corners Punch, Horizontal Slot Punch, Big Shot, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet Dies

If you want the details on how I made the car, leave your email in a comment.

Catch you later,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tina.....Love the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Tina, really love your little car, so cute, great to see some photos of the Rod Run, I didn't get to see any this year as I was working, you looked like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent job Tina, and well done on the car it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke Absolom2 May 2010 at 21:57

    Great job with good holiday memories!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.