Pages

Saturday 6 March 2010

Stamp A Memory Challenge #5

Hi!

The current challenge over at Stamp A Memory was set by Sue Madex. She asked us:

Do you have a famous quote that means a lot to you? Or perhaps a funny quote from a family member or friend that you'd like to record? I've got scribbled down quotes from my two munchkins that always make me laugh.

Include a quote on your layout for this challenge.


The quote that immediately popped into my head was something my children ask me regularly - 'Can you see me with your mummy eyes?' I'll explain soon!

The quote has a lot of meaning to me and my family, and I was really keen to incorporate it into a layout but I had one fairly major problem. How do you photograph something that doesn't really exist? It came down to having to do a layout with no photos! Eeek! I thought about this a lot more and decided I would try a progressive layout. I thought this would be a good way to fill my page despite the lack of photos.

Here is the first part of the page: a 6 inch layout with the quote included. Can you see me with your mummy eyes?



Next, I incorporated the 6 inch layout into an A4 layout. I have never scrapped in this size, so I found it a bit tricky to get my head around.



The journalling reads:
I can't remember exactly how it began, but it was probably after one of the children got in trouble for doing something they thought I couldn't see. My answer to how I could see them was MUMMY EYES. Now I get all kinds of questions - what are they made of, where are they, and how do they work? But the question I get asked most often? Can you see me with your mummy eyes?

You see? Mummy eyes are how I know what my children are up to even when I can't see them. All mummies have mummy eyes!

Here is the final 12x12 layout:



I kept the final layer fairly simple, as the flowers in the A4 layer were quite busy.

Here is a close up of the flowers. They are popping up everywhere lately! I made the 3 large ones and then decided to make 3 smaller ones to fill in some of the gaps around the large ones. I used the largest flower in the Boho Blossoms punch for the smaller flowers. They look a bit like lotuses (sp?) because they are fairly spiky.




Cardstock/DSP: Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Sweet Always DSP, Hostess Patterns Pack II DSP
Stamp sets: All In The Family, Jumbo Outline Alphabet, Short Order Alphabet, Always
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Rose Red, Ballet Blue, Stazon, Rose Red Marker
Other: Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Curly Label Punch, Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon, Brocade Blue 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, Blender Pen, white brads and buttons (both non SU)

Thanks for hanging in 'til the end of this post!

Catch you later

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Love the layout Tina and the quote too! Those 'mummy eyes' come in very handy round our place as well. :-) Those flowers look fabulous! Thanks for taking part in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Tina. what a great page. I love doing layouts with the 6x6 then A4 then 12x12. It makes it so much quicker! Love the mummy's eyes....i have those too. He he he

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.